Need an Immediate Quote?
Corrosion is a widespread issue in pipelines that erodes the strength of your pipes, making them susceptible to cracks, holes, and breakages. Early detection of corrosion in your pipes is critical as it helps you to avoid costly and time-consuming repairs. NuFlow Tucson is equipped with state-of-the-art trenchless technology and experienced professionals who can inspect your pipes for corrosion and prevent its progression.
What Causes Pipe Corrosion?
Corrosion in pipelines is often a result of prolonged usage and wear and tear, particularly in older systems. There are various factors that contribute to the intensity and spread of corrosion, including:
- High water temperatures: Excessive use of hot water can accelerate corrosion in your pipes.
- Water chemistry: Water with high levels of calcium can cause buildup and lead to corrosion.
- pH levels: Low pH levels in copper pipes can compromise the protective layer and cause corrosion.
- Water velocity: High water velocity increases the rate of corrosion.
- Oxygen levels: High oxygen levels can cause rusting and deterioration of the metal.
Indicators of Corroded Pipes
There are various signs that may indicate the presence of corrosion in your pipelines. If you observe any of the following, it’s time to call a NuFlow specialist:
- Discolored water: Water that appears blue-green or red-brown is a common symptom of corrosion and can pose health risks if consumed.
- Multiple leaks: Corroded pipes are susceptible to leaks at weakened points.
- Strange odor or taste in water: Water with a peculiar smell or taste can be caused by high oxygen levels.
NuFlow’s Approach to Corroded Pipe Repair
At NuFlow, we offer comprehensive inspections, diagnoses, and repairs for your corroded pipes.
Your Local Plumbing Solution in Tucson:
• Our local technicians are both respectful and courteous
• All employees have undergone background checks
• Clear communication and up-front pricing
CIPP Lining: A Trenchless Solution for Minor Corrosion
CIPP (Cured-In-Place Pipe) lining is a trenchless method for repairing areas in your pipelines that are impacted by minor corrosion. This process involves relining the affected area with an epoxy resin, creating a new, durable pipe that can last for up to 75 years. This solution eliminates the need for excavation, saving time and reducing disruption to your property.