Need an Immediate Quote?
Corrosion is a common pipelining problem that weakens your pipes leaving them at risk for cracks, holes, and breakage. Catching corrosion in your pipes before it gets serious is key as it will save you money and time by avoiding serious repairs. At Nu Flow Tucson, we have the trenchless tools and experience to inspect your pipes for corrosion and stop it from spreading.
What Causes Your Pipe to Corrode?
Corrosion typically occurs in older pipelining systems as a result of years of use and wear. The following are some factors that influence the severity and spreading of corrosion:
- Hot water. If you are using excessive amounts of hot water, it could be speeding up corrosion in your lines.
- Chemicals in your water. Water that has a high amount of calcium causes layers of build-up in your pipelines which is shown to cause corrosion.
- pH levels. If you have copper lines, low pH levels can be harmful to the protective layer of the interior of your pipes.
- The speed of the water. High water velocity can cause more corrosion in your lines.
- Oxygen levels. High oxygen levels are shown to eat away at the metal and cause rust.
Signs Your Pipes are Corroded
There are a variety of signs to look out for that may mean you have corrosion in your pipelines. If you are experiencing one of the following, it is time to call a Nu Flow professional to take a look:
- Discolored water. Is your water looking blue/green or red/brown? This is a common symptom of corrosion and can have serious health consequences if ingested.
- Multiple leaks. Corrosion causes weakened areas in your pipes that often result in multiple leaks.
- Strange smell or taste to water. If your water is smelling weird it could be due to high oxygen levels.
Nu Flow’s to Corroded Pipe Repair
Scheduling an appointment with a Nu Flow professional will ensure that you get a thorough inspection, diagnosis, and repair in no time. Our advanced trenchless technology and our team of experienced technicians sets us apart from the competition and ensures you will get a lasting solution.
A camera inspection is the simplest and most accurate way to assess your pipeline’s condition and identify any areas of concern. This process works by inserting a small camera into your pipelines through an existing access point. This camera is then navigated throughout your lines to capture video footage of any areas of corrosion that need repair.
CIPP lining is a trenchless solution to areas that are affected by minor corrosion in your pipelines. This process works by re-lining the damaged site with an epoxy formula to create a new pipe that can last for over 75 years.
If a section of the pipeline is damaged beyond repair, pipe bursting may be what you need. This trenchless service allows us to break apart and insert a new pipeline using our pipe bursting equipment.